Tuesday, November 22, 2011

KISMET hearts KIMBRA

I.AM.SO.FEELING.HER....Out of all the artists out there at this moment, Kimbra is really able to differentiate herself from the rest not only for her music, but for her style as well. I was hooked the first time I heard her unique sound and saw how passionately she performed. In fact, I prefer her music live than recorded. It's increasingly difficult for artists to separate themselves from one another in an industry where its all been done. But as a desensitized viewer who has seen it all, I am completely content to just sit and watch her groove to her own sound. No trying to distract us with costume changes, no complicated dance moves surrounded by back up dancers, no fireworks, no sex, just a talented, pretty girl with an awesome voice grooving to her own music. It's nice to see a musician who lets their music speak for itself. Plus her style rocks.




No comments:

Post a Comment